So, when you go shooting your mouth off about some guys creating a brewery in Peoria… And you do that for a few months in a row… You better be ready to step up to the challenge if they call you out on your opinions!
That’s what Todd from Peoria Brewing Company did a few weeks ago when he notified Groucho that he was wrong about any deal they might have with a local distributing company. Groucho and Todd agreed that a fair compromise, using the “dollars to donuts” premise would be a box of Spudnuts. Unfortunately, Groucho had to welch! Spudnuts ran out early on the weekend we decided to get together and do a show. But, Todd and Christian were still kind enough to let us stop by the soon-to-be brewery.
Now, here is the rub and scary part about this show for us… As professional amateurs… What if their beer sucks? Do we play is off and be kind? Do we suffer through the show and give them average marks? Will we lose any indie cred by kissing the ass of a bad brewer?
THANK GOD WE DIDN’T HAVE TO FIND OUT!
Todd and Christian have created some great beers to start the brewery. It was truly a joy to drink them all! The Milk Stout and Rye IPA were standouts. We think everyone will enjoy what these guys are doing right off the bat!
So, here is the first show we did with the guys. I say first, because immediately following this show, we will have a traditional show with Todd and Christian as guest. This show is VERY focused on Peoria Brewing Company and what it means to Peoria and the Brewers. If you are expecting Groucho and CHUD acting like idiots or dialing daleks… Move on to the next show! If you want to know about the guys are who are bringing fresh beer to Peoria… Listen up!
Thanks again Peoria Brewing Company for being awesome hosts! We are glad your beers rocked!
On the show:
- Christian is stuck with the task of telling us how this project took off.
- Great Milk Stout
- Todd talks about getting the spouses approval
- How do you get your own reporter from pjstar.com?
- Dry Hopping Macro Lagers???
- Kegging? When are we bottling?
- Staying local with the name! Will it play in Peoria?
- Why did this take so long???
- Love to Crescent Sun in Pekin,
- Todd has to grow out the goat if he is going to be head brewer!
- Beer so bad the dog wont drink it!?!? Experimental beers!
- Crazy Jane.
- What do you expect? Nervous Podcasters at start of show.
- Peoria guys!
- The German Purity Law??? What the Hell was that all about???
- Todd is on a short leash!
- Would you do it again?
- The Grease trap!
- Fox Pub shout out.
- 42… Cool!
- Where’s the SWAG?
- The Peoria Brewing Company Logo.
- Do another show?
Recorded on Location at the Peoria Brewing Company!
Check out their Facebook page, and be ready for beer soon! https://www.facebook.com/PeoriaBrewingCompany
Intro and Outro music performed by Too Much Joy. The song is Drunk and In Love… And smokes the living hell out of whatever Beyonce Drunk Love song is out there right now!!!
Check out Too Much Joy at http://www.toomuchjoy.com/