We had recorded this show directly following the last Fox Pub show last month… We had wanted to make sure we put out the last one lickity-split, in order to get the word out on the North-side Beerfest. (Which we heard was awesome!)
This show, we get a little more into the doing’s and business of the Fox Pub, and get Matt to defect questions left and right. That means we are doing our jobs right? We had a great time, and Rob (Central Illinois’ version of Bonus Beer Bob) makes sure we have some comedic interruptions. Chad shows up with the bonus beer though… So, we may need to rethink the titles of these “extras”.
I have to admit… This show had me smiling all the way through on production. I hope you enjoy it as much I did! G
Beers on the show: Stone 15th Anniversary Ale, Schlafly Raspberry Coffee Stout, Boulevard Coffee Ale.
On the show:
- Groucho got kicked out of Joe’s Brewery in Champaign. (20 years ago)
- Matt shares Anhesuer Busche’s latest canned offering. (Didn’t even bother to spell check that!)
- Code for locals when a macros are ordered!
- Stone brewing talk and wishing we could be as cool as Greg Koch.
- Big Al’s talk.
- Matt deflects!
- Matt gives us the whole story on the Fox! Beer is his passion!
- If Rob owned a bar… Bad idea!
- Do what you love… And you’ll never work a day in your life? lol!
- Spaceball Quotes ensue with Raspberry beer!
- Rob’s whale farm.
- Tingle theme.
- Schlafly beers where Groucho’s gateway.
- Does Matt’s wife wear a fake smile? We all wonder how she stayed in Central Illinois!
- Fox Pub bus trip to GABF.
- Growth market… Central Illinois!
- The Fox “Tourie”.
- Trivia on Thursdays, live bands on Saturdays.
- “I hate God!”
- Shout out to Kevin at Harvest Cafe.
Thanks to Matt and all the gang for letting us hang out and have a great time talking about beers at an awesome local venue! Make your way there if you get the chance! And don’t let them make the ducky noise!!!