The industry is in flux this week, and Groucho takes the show on the road to visit with fellow beer nerd and head chef at Harvest Cafe, Kyle. We review all the news of the day and talk a lot about local venues that have opened… And closed!!!
Beers on the show: Hand of Fate – Coffee Vanilla Dream Ale, Revolution Anti-Hero (Less than two weeks old!) 2013 Northcoast Old Stock Ale.
- The sale of Anchor Brewing to Sapporo.
- Constellation brands buys Funky Buddha
- Maytag Blue Cheese fortune!
- Overvaluation, Blue-sky and the growing bubble!
- Groucho’s microphone problems! Alesis mixer reboot!
- Budweiser is Ford?
- Destihl article in Paste Magazine.
- Peoria Brewing Company closing down. We need a brewery in Peoria!
- The Mr Beer Challenge!
- New beers arriving weekly in Peoria!
- CHUD… Groucho apologizes!
- Kevin’s an *sshole!
- Shelf space is a premium!
- Tannin’s and Hops. New opening in Peoria.
- Small Pours… Groucho’s favorite thing! Destihl Brewery and Pour Brothers in the Heights can be a great bargain.
- Pour Brothers. Love is issued!
- Northcoast Old Stock ale is killing it!
- Interlude with Groucho while Kyle grabs a cleanup rag.
- Kyle has never met the CHUD.
- Mr Beer Challenge, a review.
- Peoria Brewing company talk… Again.
- Obed and Issac’s, a conversation!
- Flying Dog talk!
- Make room for the new thing!!!
- Kyle the mule!
- No splicing!
Thanks to the Harvest Cafe for hosting this “Very Special” Episode!
Look for a completely disjointed drunkfest show after this!