In celebration of the Peoria Craft Beer Week, we get with Matt Rixner of the Fox Pub to talk about this weeks event. CHUD was bumped in lieu of brother CHUMP (Who has been absent since episode 6) to join in with us. Rob the viking also stepped in to make sure we never had an empty glass!
Are we a bit subdued? Yeah, probably so. We wanted to keep it focused on The Fox and this weekends beer event. We didn’t want to get off on some TBR tangent! Plus, we knew that scaring Matt on the first remote at the bar would be bad for future business!
Beers on the show: Solemn Oath Wreckage Master, 2010 3 Floyds Darklord.
On the show:
- What is the Fox Pub all about?
- We kiss O’Fallon Brewing rear end. Long time since we did that!
- Skunked lines?
- Darklord for Matt!
- Talk of Rob’s impending demise.
- Shout out to Keg’s n Egg’s on wwct 99.9 FM.
- Media day at the Fox!?!? Journal Star article.
- Brewery of the Month in May: Founders.
- Lowfat Fox Breakfast? Probably not!
- 2014 Darklord Day talk.
- Cold Lake Michigan blues…
- Greenbush road trip.
- May 17th kids!!! Get to the Fox Pub! Its where the cool kids will be!
- Get advance tickets at the Fox for 7 bucks! 10 at the door!
- 500 commemorative glasses!
- Perennial Abraxis, Barrell Aged Rasputin, Firkin of Bell’s Hopslam, Firkin of DeStihl Hoperation Overload with 30/30 coffee, Dogfish Imort-ale.
- Single and dating!
- Mountain air beer training!
Darklord on the show “cellered” and acquired by Groucho, in a rare attempt to show up Rob. Solemn Oath acquired at the brewery in Chicago by a friend of a friend… And that needs to happen again soon!
New theme music, that will probably change again next show provided by a Japanese import copy of Buffalo Daughter, Mutating.
The Fox – Peoria Craft Beer Week Schedule:
May 13th – May 17th: Peoria Craft Beer Week
American Craft Beer on Tap all week long
1. Boulder Mojo IPA Nitro (Boulder, CO)
2. Bell’s Oberon (Kalamazoo, MI)
3. Cider Boys Peach County Cider (Stevens Point, WI)
4. Arcadia Deliverance Bourbon Brown (Battle Creek, MI)
5. Une Annee Sanguinaire Belgian Red Ale (Chicago, IL)
6. Deschutes Obsidian Stout Nitro(Bend, OR)
7. Boulevard Brewing Saison Brett (Kansas City, MO)
8. Schlafly Biere de Garde ( St. Louis, MO)
9. BuckleDown Brewing Clencher Double IPA (Lyons, IL)
10. Jolly Pumpkin Madrugada Obscura Stout (Dexter, MI)
11. 4 Hands Brewing Chocolate Milk Stout ( St Louis, MO)
Tuesday, May 13th: Peoria Craft Beer Week beer tasting with Josh from Markeplace
Featuring: Jolly Pumpkin Madrugada Obscura, Jolly Pumpkin IO Red Saison, and Two Bros Engine #1 Kolsch
Saturday, May 17th: North Peoria Craft Brewfest(more details on EVENT page)
Saturday May 24th: Live music with The Roundstone Buskers from 8pm-10:30pm